EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS LOAN LIST
These materials are available for loan to educators.
To reserve materials contact the Education Division at (620) 276-1250 or email@example.com. Two or more weeks notice is preferred, but short-term requests will be considered if materials are available. Items may be checked out for up to two weeks.
Each discovery box contains supporting literature, activities, and pictures along with biofacts associated with that topic. An abbreviated content list of each box is noted below:
- frog skeleton and metamorphosis display plastomounts, frog costume
- rubber replicas of North American animal tracks, activity guide, Field Guide to Tracks. For stamping or making impressions for plaster casts.
- wallaby and kangaroo skulls and fur, emu egg and feather, preserved joeys
- bat skulls, video, felt bat cutout, bat costume, information and activities from Bat Conservation Intl.
- includes skull, claw, pictures, and a variety of activities appropriate for, but not limited to grades 2-6
- life size felt silhouette of a California condor, eggs, feathers, skulls, and pictures
Bird of Prey
- owl skulls, feathers, pictures, and owl pellet
- full size bison pelt
- pelt, skulls of a Black-footed ferret and prairie dog, includes information about native habitat and US Fish & Wildlife Service efforts to breed them.
Camouflage / Adaptations
- pelts, skulls, feathers and horns demonstrating animal adaptations; activities for K – 6 including a food chain game.
Cats - skulls, pelts, whiskers, claw sheaths; info on Species Survival Plans (SSP) and endangered species.
- shed elephant teeth, tusk pieces, hair, rhino hide
- wolf pelt and skull, California condor felt cutout.
- skull, hair, bone, hide and food samples
– sponge, sea shells, scorpion, and assorted other preserved invertebrates
- whole pelts or pieces from Kansas mammals; a variety of horns, antlers, skulls, and bones
- skull, pelt and plaster cast of paw print
- Nature Education Kits: Twigs, Leaves, Seeds, “Fandex” guide with die cut leaves, bark patterns, nut or seed, tree photo and information for 50 trees and activities for K-6.
– siamang skull, pygmy marmoset skull, full size casts of Gibbon & Orangutan hands, gloves without thumbs
Rain Forest 1
- extensive sampling of rain forest products
Rain Forest 2
- an entire notebook full of great activities for all grade levels, pictures, books, masters for handouts, and samples from a “rain forest” grocery store.
- examples of product containers that can be recycled in Garden City. Local and other recycling info. Call the Recycle Coordinator at 276 –1260 for more local information.
- turtle shells, snake skeleton, snake skins
Card and board games
- a variety of topics which relate to animals, ask for a list of available games
- relate mathematics to the animal world with activities, K – 4th; there are seven themes which offer activities about size, shape relationships and speed